An inquiry into the ways in which we discover and express ideas, feelings nature, culture, beliefs and values; the ways in which we reflect on, extend and enjoy our creativity; our appreciation of the aesthetics
Central idea: Creativity provides opportunities for reflection and personal growth.
Concepts: Responsibility, Perspective, Reflection
Related Concepts: behavior, image, identity, personal
Lines of Inquiry:
- Ways to express ourselves through arts
- Personal interpretation of different art forms
- Reflection of societal values and issues through the art
To know different ways to express creativity ( compare the beginning , reflection, process and the final arts works).
To understand that reflection of their art work can help develop their personal growth.
You are a group of artists who express creativity through arts
- Identify their chosen art and its elements.
- Reflect the factors they can improve based on the elements of arts.
- Apply the reflection to improve their art work .
Principled: Students will apply the knowledge of the principles of arts, and able to create their own original piece of arts.
Balanced: Students will learn how to keep the balance between the elements of art, when creating their own piece of arts.
Reflective: Students will reflect their ideas, feeling, nature, culture, beliefs and values, themselves through the arts.
How Parents can Support:
- Give the opportunity for the students to see different kinds of arts form, to help them get some ideas for their own art works.
- Guide, support and give feed back for the students, during the process of learning.
- Spend time with your children to reflect on their learning.