For this unit of inquiry, grade 4 will learn about factors, decimal numbers (up to one hundredth) and measurement.
- Compares and orders proper fractions
- Models improper fractions
- Expresses an improper fraction as mixed number, and vice versa
- Expresses an improper fraction or mixed number in its simplest form
- Performs addition and subtraction of mixed numbers (related fraction)
- Solves problems involving fractions
Decimals Number (up to one hundredth)
- Learns decimal numbers to represent numbers or quantity which are not whole.
- Writes decimal numbers in number line
- Identifies place values and digits values of a decimal number
- Compares and orders decimal numbers
- Performs addition and subtraction of decimal numbers
- Perform multiplication of decimal numbers by 1-digit whole number
- Perform division of decimal numbers by 1-digit whole number
- Solves story problems involving decimals
Units of Measurements
- Converts units of measurement within a metric system for length, mass, and volume.
- Compares measurements which are expressed in various units
- Performs addition and subtraction of measurements in different units
- Solves problems involving unit of measurement