The mathematics lesson in this unit will cover about:
Fraction (Equivalent Fraction):
- Finds equivalent fractions of a given fraction
- Compares and orders related fractions
- Solves problems involving fractions
- Uses km and mm as units to measure length
- Relates between units of measurement: km and m, m and cm, cm and mm.
- Solves problems involving length
Perimeter and Area of 2D figures:
- Determines the perimeter of plane figures.
- Finds perimeter of rectangles and squares
- Learns about the concept of area to measure space
- Determines the area of plane figures using cm2 as a unit of area
- Determines the area of rectangles and squares
- Finds area of larger space using units of area like m2 and km2.
- Determines the unknown side of squares or rectangles, given its area or perimeter
- Determines the area and perimeter of composite figures made from squares and rectangles
- Solves problem involving perimeter and area of rectangle and square