An inquiry into the natural world and its laws; the interaction between the natural world (physical and biological) and human societies; how humans use their understanding of scientific principles; the impact of scientific and technological advances on society and on the environment
Science is evolving and has an impact on people’s lives.
Change, Connection, Responsibility
Ingenuity, progress, ethics
Research Skills and Self-Management Skills
Curiosity, Commitment and Integrity
IB LEARNER PROFILE
Inquirers, Knowledgeable and Principled
LINES OF INQUIRY:
• What leads to advances in Science
• The role of technology in Science
• The effects of scientific advances on people and the environment.
To know reasons for the invention of a significant invention and the impact of such invention to people’s lives.
Why (Conceptual Understanding):
To understand that Science is evolving and has an impact on people’s lives.
You are a researcher. You are going to find out and present reasons for the invention of a significant invention and analyze some possible and/or probable development (including the impact on people’s lives).
· Find out the reason for the invention of a significant invention
· Analyze further development of the invention (changes), the reasons for such development and their impacts on people’s lives
· Propose a possible and/or probable development to current development of the invention (including the supporting arguments) and the impact on people’s lives
Memahami dan menulis teks petunjuk
Create a tutorial video about how to use a tool/ create or do something.
- Shape and Space
Apply variety of gymnastic skills on the floor using small equipment and various apparatus
Making descriptive text about technology
Creating 3D pictures
Creating and recording music composition