Transdisciplinary theme: Who We Are
An inquiry into the nature of the self; beliefs and values; personal, physical, mental, social and spiritual health; human relationships including families, friends, communities and cultures; rights and responsibilities; what it means to be human.
Actions have consequences that affect personal and community safety.
Causation, Connection, Responsibility
Safety, Consequences, Awareness, Danger, Action
Lines of Inquiry:
- What it means to be in danger
- Consequences of our actions
- The identification of potential dangers
Whole Number (3 digit numbers)
- Represents numbers or quantities which are more than 100
- Read and write 3 digit numbers
- Represent numbers or quantities which are more than 100
- Identifies the place value and number value that construct a number
- Writes a number in expanded notation
- Compares and orders numbers or quantities
- Determines number which are some ones, tens or hundreds more/less than a number
Addition and Subtraction (up to 1000)
- Adds some ones, tens and hundreds to a number without regrouping
- Adds some ones, tens and hundreds to a number which requires regrouping
- Adds two 3-digit numbers with and without regrouping
- Subtracts some ones, tens and hundreds to a number without regrouping
- Subtracts some ones, tens and hundreds to a number which requires regrouping
- Subtracts a number from a 3-digit numbers with and without regrouping
- Solves problems involving addition or subtraction
Position and direction (perspective)
- Describe the position of objects according to a point of reference: behind, in front of, next to.
- Find a location on a maps based on given instruction.
- Give direction to find location
Bahasa dan Sastra Indonesia (BSI):
Mendengar dan Berbicara (Related Concept: safety, awareness):
- mendengarkan dan memahami pembacaan teks pendek dan puisi
- menjelaskan arti puisi yg dibacakan
- menceritakan kegiatan sehari-hari
Membaca (Related Concept: safety, awareness):
- Membaca puisi
- Menggunakan kamus untuk mencari arti kata (connection)
- Menulis kalimat sederhana dengan menggunakan huruf kapital dan tanda baca
Creates a Comic
WALT: Creates a comic about safety
- Capture screens (to be used when citing the sources)
- Create a cover
- Insert and format panel
- insert and format pictures
- insert and format bubble speech
- Insert and format text
- Cite the resources (insert screen captured pictures to last pages)
- Share the file to iBooks
- Send the e-book using email
WALT : Flashback to airwave.
- Blow out and breath in
- Knowing the notes more than one octave.
Concept : Connection
Students will memorize back how to play airwave. In this instrument, they will learn that they able to produce different notes with blow and breath in their breathe.
Drawing about safety equipment and finish it with mosaic
Design safety costume
Put some color Using origami paper
Concept : Safety Equipment
In this unit student will identified safety equipment needed by specific job and then they will put some color using mosaic technique.
Key Concept : Connection, Responsibility
Students will learn how to swimming front crawl
- Students will learn how legs movement of front crawl
- Students will learn how to swim with swimming board
- Students will learn how to breathing when swimming of front crawl
大家好！！！ 欢迎学生们回来到学校. ( August 2018 )
Hallo everyone, welcome back to the school ….
Grade 2 students will learn vocabulary about safety at home through the following activities:
* writing vocabulary “han zi and pin yin” and meaning about safety at home;
* reading these words;
* listening and talking about safety at home; and
* describing own safety at home.
WALT: Write a simple story about their or others’ experiences when they are in danger (Recount)
- establishes the when, where, and who of a recount
- writes a conclusion
- Uses linking words