Grade 5 UOI 1 : Where We Are in Place and Time
Our first unit of inquiry is about migration.The central idea is human migration is a response to challenges, risks and opportunities.
The key concepts are form, causation and connection.
The related concepts are diversity, settlement, population, geographical feature, opportunity.
The lines of inquiry are:
- What is means to migrate
- Provocations for migration
- The consequences of migration on nations and communities
The learner profile highlighted are communicators, risk-taker and open-minded
In Bahasa Indonesia lesson, we are going to learn about:
Mendengar dan Berbicara:
Mengungkapkan pikiran, pendapat, perasaan dan fakta secara lisan dengan menceritakan hasil pengamatan dan wawancara dari narasumber dengan menggunakan berbagai kata tanya ( Apa , Siapa , Kapan , Dimana , Siapa , Mengapa , Bagaimana )
Membedakan fakta dan opini dan menyimpulkan informasi yang dianggap valid
Membandingkan isi dua teks yang dibaca dengan membaca sekilas
Menulis / Tata Bahasa :
Mengerti / memahami dan mampu membuat : Perintah , Kalimat Ajakan , Kalimat Permintaan dan Kalimat Pengharapan
Menggunaan awalan ber, ter, dan me dalam kalimat
Memahami fungsi awalan ber, ter, dan me dan menggunakannya dalam kalimat
Menulis Karangan Eksposisi ( Laporan Sederhana Hasil Wawancara )
Memahami struktur presentasi , cara membuat teks presentasi yang menarik dan etika dalam berpresentasi
In Mathematics, we are going to learn about:
Whole Number (Large number)
- Reads and writes large numbers
- Compares and order numbers or quantities
- Rounds off number appropriately
- Solves problems which involve the four operations using models/ diagram
- Learns the concept of negative numbers
- Draws number line in 2 directions
- Compares and orders numbers
- Performs addition and subtraction which includes negative number
- Performs multiplication and division which includes negative number.
The order of operation
- Select and use appropriate sequence of operations in mathematical statement involving the four operations
In ICT, we are going to learn about:
Creates a narrative stopmotion (ICT Integration with VA)
WALT: creates a narrative stop motion about the effects of migration.
- Choose between manual and interval mode
- Delete and add parts in a clip
- Setup the speed
- Create a simple stopmotion with classroom objects, duration: 2 minutes.
Rhythm is the basic of music
- Recognize sounds.
- Discover many beats
- Accommpany song using rhythm.
Concept : Form
Students will explore more about rhythm, using body percussion and daily materials.
大家好！！！ 欢迎学生们回来到学校. ( August 2018 )
Hallo everyone, welcome back to the school ….
Grade 5 students will learn vocabulary about ” seasons ” (including “summer”, “autumn” and others) through the following activities:
* writing vocabulary “han zi and pin yin” and meaning about seasons;
* reading these words;
* listening and talking about seasons; and
* describing own favorite season.
WALT : Students are learning to make a stop-motion artwork about challenges, risks and opportunities caused by human migration.
- Team work
- Minimum 2 A4 papers of storyboard template
- Make a storyboard properly
- Tidy and clean Storyboard (no tipe-x)
- Make the properties correctly
Key Concept : Form
WALT: Respond to challenges, risk & opportunities.
- Develop coordination, manipulation, balance and spatial awareness.
- Develop understanding of basic gameplay tactics such as formations.
- Develop mental determination to succeed and improve performance.
Related concept: Opportunity