An inquiry into rights and responsibilities in the struggle to share finite resources with other people and with other living things; communities and the relationships within and between them; access to equal opportunities; peace and conflict resolution.
Distribution of wealth affects communities and individuals’ access to equal opportunities.
Form, Causation, Reflection
Related Concepts: wealth, power, access, conflict, homelessness
Lines of Inquiry
● Relationship between wealth and power
● The impact of the distribution of wealth on communities and individuals
=● Equitable access to resources and opportunities
Learner Profiles : Thinkers, Principled
Transdisciplinary Skills : Thinking Skill, Social Skill
1. Performs multiplication of decimal numbers by 10, 100 or 1000
2. Performs division of decimal numbers by 10, 100 or 1000
3. Performs multiplication of decimal numbers
4. Relates fraction to decimals
5. Performs division of decimal numbers6. Solves story problems involving the four operations
1. Defines percentage as special form of fraction
2. Converts fractions or decimals to percentage and vice versa
3. Solves part of a whole problems involving percentage
4. Uses percentage concept to solve daily life problems
1. Uses ratios to compare two or three quantities
2. Finds equivalent ratios
3. Solves problems involving ratio
To support the unit of inquiry: Sharing the Planet, students will be learning to prepare and deliver presentations. This will allow them to share their learning related to the central idea: “Distribution of wealth affects communities and individuals’ access to equal opportunities” as well as giving them lots of hints and tips about presentations allowing them to become confident communicators.
To support the key concept of Sharing the Planet; function, students will be learning to create fridge magnet reminder. They will able to complete tools and materials that needed, understanding the different style and color are something to be embrace, generalized the size of frame, make decorative and colorful artwork and also Tidy artwork
To support this UOI, students will start to learn how to compose a new song. They will start with 4 bars, then play with their instrument. Form concept will be supported in this unit.
WALT : Types with ten finger with correct position
- positions fingers on the correct position following the finger chart
- types with correct finger positions
- types 20 words per minute (for I score