Transdisciplinary Theme: How We Organize Ourselves
An inquiry into the interconnectedness of human-made systems and communities; the structure and function of organizations; societal decision-making; economic activities and their impact on humankind and the environment.
Communities create transportation systems that meet their needs.
Form, Function, Change
Community, Needs, Technology
Lines of Inquiry:
- Features of transportation systems
- Decisions involved when designing transportation systems
- The response of transportation systems to changing needs
Data Presentation (Carroll and Venn Diagram)
1. Creates Venn diagram from simple question
2. Reads and interprets data presented in Venn diagrams
3. Creates Carroll diagram from simple situation
4. Reads and interprets data presented in Carroll diagrams
Probability (The Concept of Chance)
Identifies and describes chance in daily events using words or phrases like impossible, unlikely, likely, and certain
Bahasa dan Sastra Indonesia (BSI):
- Mendengarkan dan mengungkapkan secara lisan beberapa informasi yang didengar atau dilihat
- Mengumpulkan informasi dengan melakukan wawancara tentang tata tertib sekolah dan keluarga
- Memahami ragam wacana tulis dengan membaca dalam hati
- Mencari dan menuliskan informasi dari suatu topik
- Menulis prosedur
Information and Communication Technology (ICT):
WALT: presents a new transportation system.
- Adds explanation in the form of text/audio.
- Inserts images.
- Annotates images.
- Record video.
WALT: search the features and design of one mode of transport system.
- Write three sentences on the features of a transport system.
- Design my own transport system and say why it is designed in that manner
WALT : We learn about transportation
- Able to describe transportation in mandarin with correct pronunciation and tone
- Able to read hanyu pinyin and chinese characters about transportation
- Able to write hanyu pinyin and chinese characters about transportation
WALT : Making hot balloon air 3D
- Make collage on a balloon , forming the balloon shape
- Able to decorate them by using element of art
Performing Art (PA):
WALT : Understand that rhythm is the basic of music
1. Tap tempo (slow and fast)
3. Styles of music.
Physical Education (PE):
WALT: Students will learn how to do aerobics
- Students will learn how to coordinate music with movement
- Students will make simple pattern dance