Exploration leads to discovery and develops new understandings.
exploration, colonialism, power, history
Lines of Inquiry
- Reasons for exploration
- How explorations have taken place over time
- The consequence of exploration on people and societies
WALT: To write an autobiography as a famous explorer
WILF: I can:
· Find out what the features are of an autobiography
· Do research to find out more about a famous explorer
· Prepare an autobiography as if I was a famous explorer
Topic : What do you like to eat
WALT : describe foods
- pronounce about foods
- respond clearly to a question about foods
- recognize written words about foods
- write hanzi by memorizing the steps
- describe own favorite foods
- Key concept : perspective
Create a board game about the explorer’s journey
- Tools and material preparation
- creative artwork; colorful and attractive board game
- responsible with own group belonging materials
- The size of the board game 50x50cm
Rhythm as identity of places, community or cultures.
1. Recognize diversity of rhythm of different cultures or places.
2. Trying to imitate the rhythm.
3. Play songs using pianika, drum stick.
WALT: Apply variety of gymnastic skills: on the floor, using small equipment and various apparatus.
- Combine simple movements to create short sequences.
- Improve the traditional gymnastic skills, involving physical agility, flexibility, strength and coordination
Mendengar dan berbicara:
1.Membuat gambar denah berdasarkan penjelasan yang didengar (Connection)
2. Mendeskripsikan tempat sesuai dengan denah atau gambar menggunakan kalimat yang runtut (Connection)
Mengidentifikasi kalimat utama dalam bacaan deskripsi.
1. Pengenalan kalimat majemuk setara dan bertingkat
2. Penggunaan kata depan : di, ke, dari, pada
3. Merencanakan dan menulis surat tidak resmi.
( memperhatikan tanda tanda baca, menggunakan kalimat majemuk bertingkat dan menggunakan paragraf deskripsi )
WALT: create an exploration map
- adds a layer
- adds and customizes markers on places visited by the chosen explorer
- describes places marked on the map
- inserts images relevant to places visited by the explorer
- measures distance between two markers on a map
- shows directions covered by the chosen explorer on the map
Factors and Multiples
- Determines factors of a number
- Finds common factors and greatest common factor (GCD)
- Solves problems related to greatest common factor
- Determine if a number is a prime number
- Determines multiples of a number
- Finds common multiples and least common multiple (LCM)
- Solves problems related to Least Common Multiple
- Compares and orders proper fractions
- Models improper fractions
- Expresses an improper fraction as mixed number, and vice versa
- Expresses an improper fraction or mixed number in its simplest form
- Performs addition and subtraction of mixed numbers (related fraction)
- Solves problems involving fractions
Decimals (up to one hundreth)
- Uses decimal numbers to represent numbers or quantity which are not whole.
- Writes decimal numbers in number line
- Identifies place values and digits values of a decimal number
- Compares and orders decimal numbers
- Performs addition and subtraction of decimal numbers
- Perform multiplication of decimal numbers by 1-digit whole number
- Perform division of decimal numbers by 1-digit whole number
- Solves story problems involving decimals