Transdisciplinary Theme: Where We Are in Place and Time
An inquiry into orientation in place and time; personal histories; homes and
journeys; the discoveries, explorations and migrations of humankind; the
relationships between and the interconnectedness of individuals and
civilizations, from local and global perspectives.
The designs of buildings determine how people use them.
Form, Function, Change
space, structure, design
Lines of Inquiry:
- The changing use of buildings
- The design of buildings over time
- Factors to consider when designing a building now
Length, Mass and Volume
- Measures the length of objects using standard units meter and centimeter
- Draws straight lines of given length in cm
- Relates m to cm
- Estimates and measure length of objects in the surrounding area
- Measures the capacity of containers using standard units liter and milliliter
- Estimate and measure capacity of objects in the surrounding area
- Measures the mass of objects by using standard units gram and kilogram
- Estimates and measure mass of objects in the surrounding area
- Solves problems involving measurement
2D and 3D Shapes (Compound Shapes)
- Names and describes basic 2D shapes (semicircle and quarter circle)
- Draws circles, semicircles and quarter circle with given radius or diameter
- Forms 2D figures with cut-out of rectangle, square, triangle, circle, semicircle and quarter circle
- Names and describes basic 3D shapes (cone and pyramids)
- Forms and describes different 3D figures with combination of concrete models such as cube, cuboids, cone, cylinder, ball and pyramid
Bahasa dan Sastra Indonesia (BSI):
- Mendengarkan dan memahami suatu deskripsi
- Mendeskripsikan suatu benda berdasarkan fungsi & sifatnya ( warna, ukuran, tekstur, rasa)
- Memahami isi teks deskriptif pendek
- Menuliskan kata sifat untuk mendeskripsikan sesuatu
- Menulis karangan deskripsi sederhana dengan menggunakan huruf kapital yang tepat
Information and Communication Technology (ICT):
WALT: Designs a building based on its functions. (Tayasui Sketches/Minecraft)
- draws an outline of the building
- adds interior and exterior parts of the building to show its function.
- annotates (adds notes about) the materials and parts of the building.
Walt: Describe my own building.
Wilf: I learn to draw a floor plan of my future house.
WALT : We learn about building
- Able to describe building in mandarin with correct pronunciation and tone
- Able to read hanyu pinyin and chinese characters about building
- Able to write hanyu pinyin and chinese characters about building
WALT : Ton Schulten bright blocks painting
- Drawing city buildings
- Design the color blocks with primary color
To support Form concept, students will learn several children songs. From here, they can feel and hear the similarities form of all the children song explored.
Physical Education (PE):
To support the related concept of design, student will play several group gaming. They can think before do a game and know about value of the game.